User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 24
Likes: 3
Human
Paladin
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Like if it’s very high damage per mana/time I guess we should try to use it every 30 seconds, even if our assigned role is healing. What do you think

   Gensei
User avatar
EU Gandling
Posts: 88
Likes: 35
Tauren
Shaman
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It’s situational.

Is the party/raid struggling to stay alive to kill the boss? Keep healing.

Is the boss being spanked easily with everyone alive and at +90% health (and you are not the MT/OT designated healer)? Execute away.

User avatar
US Atiesh
Posts: 29
Likes: 5
Horde
Warrior
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Vlostek speaks the tru tru

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1215
Likes: 801
Gnome
Warrior
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Vlostek wrote:
4 months ago
It’s situational.
Sometimes you have to make decisions.

   Volition
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 24
Likes: 3
Human
Paladin
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I don't think it's very situational. you can only press it every 30 seconds. Plus most of the time there is SOME healing to do, but it's not clearcut how much. What I want to know is how it compares to other dps in terms of damage per mana spent/time casted

   Helthos
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1215
Likes: 801
Gnome
Warrior
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Iban wrote:
4 months ago
I don't think it's very situational. you can only press it every 30 seconds. Plus most of the time there is SOME healing to do, but it's not clearcut how much. What I want to know is how it compares to other dps in terms of damage per mana spent/time casted
It is entirely situational. Do you need to heal? Then you should be healing. Dont need to heal? You can contribute to DPS so you arent being usless. You dont need to compare it to other DPS, because you arent a DPS, you are a healer. The DPS you do with hammer or ANY dps you do as a healer is irrelevant because you should have a healing assignment which is always your priority. If you are adequately sustaining your healing target and can do damage - do damage. Even if that damage is negligible and its filling empty time where you would be standing around, its more valuable than standing around. If you are trying to do negligible damage and end up letting your heal assignment die - youre bad. But what if your damage is super duper powerful as a healer!!!??? It doesnt matter, in a raid of 40 people, you just keep your healing assignment alive and the boss dies.

Sometimes you have to make decisions. Ughhhhhhh... Sometimes that means you will heal and othertimes when you dont need to heal, you can do damage.

"What is better, do damage or do healing for Classic? Me wants to be always good? So damage good or heals?"
It depends.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 447
Likes: 213
Alliance
Priest
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Are you guys seriously having a discussion about whether you should use hammer of wrath in between healing? Cmon.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 437
Likes: 162
Horde
Shaman
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
4 months ago
Are you guys seriously having a discussion about whether you should use hammer of wrath in between healing? Cmon.
All the cool kids play as a battle healer :lol:

   Pippina
Image    Image     Image
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 447
Likes: 213
Alliance
Priest
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Rocket science here :roll:

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1215
Likes: 801
Gnome
Warrior
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 months ago
All the cool kids play as a battle healer :lol:
Don’t laugh too hard, this sounds like the sort of nonsense you would write a guide about unironically. :lol:

   Pippina
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 437
Likes: 162
Horde
Shaman
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 months ago
Don’t laugh too hard, this sounds like the sort of nonsense you would write a guide about unironically.
I was being facetious, a "battle healer" is very much a thing in the form of a support paladin (T1 paladin melee). People who spend some time in the paladin community would know this... Unfortunately, it has a low PPM in Classic so I am not interested in it.

Image    Image     Image
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
Posts: 367
Likes: 239
Alliance
Paladin
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Is the boss at 1% and your raid needs to drop them quick or else risk a wipe? Maybe.

Otherwise, no.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1215
Likes: 801
Gnome
Warrior
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
4 months ago
I was being facetious, a "battle healer" is very much a thing in the form of a support paladin (T1 paladin melee). People who spend some time in the paladin community would know this... Unfortunately, it has a low PPM in Classic so I am not interested in it.
I knew you'd think it was, which is why I was teasing you. I can save you the effort of testing it and tell you that its a silly idea and its not worthwhile.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 897
Likes: 716
Gnome
Warrior
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

My buddy plays a holy paladin, I run dungeons with him, he's our healer, and is OOM every other fight because he's standing in the mosh pit with the rest of the DPS spamming all his mana on offensive spells swinging a big 2handed sword doing DPS. Our raid team's mantra is ABP, Always Be Pullin. My buddy heals using the NBH method of Never Be Healin. It works really well when all 5 people in the group are in voice chat talking shit the entire time and not caring about wipes or clear times

"Was that a heal? I forgot what those felt like"
"Shut up bitch you'll get healed when you deserve it"

:lol:

Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 437
Likes: 162
Horde
Shaman
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 months ago
Caperfin wrote:
4 months ago
I was being facetious, a "battle healer" is very much a thing in the form of a support paladin (T1 paladin melee). People who spend some time in the paladin community would know this... Unfortunately, it has a low PPM in Classic so I am not interested in it.
I knew you'd think it was, which is why I was teasing you. I can save you the effort of testing it and tell you that its a silly idea and its not worthwhile.
Not my thinking or idea, its a relatively common notion for +4 years in the paladin community. Seeing as how it has a low PPM in Classic and the heal doesn't compensate for the 70% dps output, it doesn't interest me.

Image    Image     Image
Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 154
Likes: 98
Orc
Warrior
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Iban wrote:
4 months ago
Like if it’s very high damage per mana/time I guess we should try to use it every 30 seconds, even if our assigned role is healing. What do you think
I think that's how these 1% wipes happen. Speaking from experience :smile:

Played hpala on pserver earlier this year and usually your assigned role is MT healing, so just stick to doing that.
PVE isn't against players who might be in awe if you go full facerush retard, so it doesn't work there.

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
US Kirtonos
Posts: 22
Likes: 1
Alliance
Paladin
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
4 months ago
My buddy plays a holy paladin, I run dungeons with him, he's our healer, and is OOM every other fight because he's standing in the mosh pit with the rest of the DPS spamming all his mana on offensive spells swinging a big 2handed sword doing DPS. Our raid team's mantra is ABP, Always Be Pullin. My buddy heals using the NBH method of Never Be Healin. It works really well when all 5 people in the group are in voice chat talking shit the entire time and not caring about wipes or clear times

"Was that a heal? I forgot what those felt like"
"Shut up bitch you'll get healed when you deserve it"

:lol:
This gave me and my friends a good laugh. Its good knowing we aren't the only ones that treat each other like this. :lol:

Where is my level 60 boost?
ImageImage
User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 24
Likes: 3
Human
Paladin
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
4 months ago
Are you guys seriously having a discussion about whether you should use hammer of wrath in between healing? Cmon.
Yes of course we having a serious discussion. It's literally a one second cast, once every 30 seconds. And what if it is very high damage per that 1 second compared to all the DPS and their usual abilities? Obviously, worthwhile. Of course this thread is full of absolute idiots with no concept of relative tradeoffs so why bother

User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 24
Likes: 3
Human
Paladin
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 months ago
Iban wrote:
4 months ago
I don't think it's very situational. you can only press it every 30 seconds. Plus most of the time there is SOME healing to do, but it's not clearcut how much. What I want to know is how it compares to other dps in terms of damage per mana spent/time casted
It is entirely situational. Do you need to heal? Then you should be healing.
Which is bullcrap from a non expert healer who isn't overhealing or cancel-casting, and whose raid suffers because of it. High end healers know that their is a huge grey area between "needing more heals" or not, because you can always overspam the tank, and can always be cancel-casting, in order to ensure that critical tank moments are kept to a minimum. This thread is full of weed smokers who went until they see a red bar before they start casting. Total scrubs. Not even worth listening to

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 297
Likes: 160
Night Elf
Hunter
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

How do you read "if you need to heal you should be healing" and conclude that you're being told not to heal until the team is in the red?

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1215
Likes: 801
Gnome
Warrior
4 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Iban wrote:
4 months ago
Which is bullcrap from a non expert healer who isn't overhealing or cancel-casting, and whose raid suffers because of it. High end healers know that their is a huge grey area between "needing more heals" or not, because you can always overspam the tank, and can always be cancel-casting, in order to ensure that critical tank moments are kept to a minimum. This thread is full of weed smokers who went until they see a red bar before they start casting. Total scrubs. Not even worth listening to
No. No.... No. You have a priority. That is healing. If that priority is being met, you continue down through your hierarchy of abilities. You need to use your discretion as a healer. Healing is whack-a-mole. Its dynamic, its always different, its simple and when you aren't busy you can do DPS. If you don't understand that... You're probably (definitely)... Bad.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 447
Likes: 213
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Iban You are talking about it like it was rocket science decision.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 24
Likes: 3
Human
Paladin
3 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 months ago
Iban wrote:
4 months ago
Which is bullcrap from a non expert healer who isn't overhealing or cancel-casting, and whose raid suffers because of it. High end healers know that their is a huge grey area between "needing more heals" or not, because you can always overspam the tank, and can always be cancel-casting, in order to ensure that critical tank moments are kept to a minimum. This thread is full of weed smokers who went until they see a red bar before they start casting. Total scrubs. Not even worth listening to
No. No.... No. You have a priority. That is healing. If that priority is being met, you continue down through your hierarchy of abilities. You need to use your discretion as a healer. Healing is whack-a-mole. Its dynamic, its always different, its simple and when you aren't busy you can do DPS. If you don't understand that... You're probably (definitely)... Bad.
Healing is not whack a mole at all, it is anticipatory. You know when a swing or spell is coming before it happens, you can see target's target target. Obviously not even worth responding to you because you a filthy scrub, incapable of understanding the higher level of the game

User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 24
Likes: 3
Human
Paladin
3 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So many retards here think that healing is something you do AFTER damage is taken, rather than anticipating (cancel casting or overhealing), total scumbags and idiots

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 297
Likes: 160
Night Elf
Hunter
3 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Iban In case you forgot, the question you asked in this thread is "should I be casting hammer of wrath as a healer". The answer that everyone has given you is "only if you have nothing better to do". Trying to put down everyone responding to you by going on and on about how 733T you are, and how you've created your own meta that clearly only you are aware of and capable of doing, is pretty pointless. (which has nothing to do with conversation btw, if you need to cast anticipatory heals, guess what you should be doing instead of casting hammer of wrath?) The answer to your question which has been given to you by every person in the thread, is that as a healer, no matter how much dmg your execute does, it is negligible overall, and if you are dpsing instead of healing when you need to be healing, you are failing as a healer.

   Stfuppercut
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Vennrick - Human Warrior
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Similar topics
to 'Should holy paladins be spamming their execute hammer at -20%?'
Posts ViewsLast post