User avatar
US Hyjal
16
brank
Horde
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Hey all, cool forum :)

I've been reading about vanilla having only started during late TBC and was just wandering what patch they will be launching Classic with - and if any of you lot know what the major differences between the patches were?

Qboar

7 months ago
  •  Unread

Welcome! Also a TBC starter here, so I can't help you on the patch differences.

I think that in order to retain players throughout the lifetime of Classic they will release patches incrementally just like they did when it was live. So like they'll start off with the very, very start of vanilla and add in content as they go. Not in the same order or volume as the original let's say, but following this kind of model.

Who knows maybe they'll get to the end of vanilla and then release a TBC xpac? that would be dope

7 months ago
  •  Unread

I’m hoping they use the final artwork for the dungeon tier sets. Looks way nicer than original patch.

Someone made a nice comparison of the changes throughout patches.

7 months ago
  •  Unread

Ravenheart wrote:
7 months ago
I’m hoping they use the final artwork for the dungeon tier sets. Looks way nicer than original patch.

Someone made a nice comparison of the changes throughout patches.
Sweet thanks for this link. Did that person make anything for each raid set by amy chance?

7 months ago
  •  Unread

In case anyone is wandering what the big additions/highlights of each patch were:

Patch 1.2.0

  • Maraudon is introduced
  • Gurubashi Arena Event

Patch 1.3.0

  • Meeting Stones introduced
  • Dire Maul
  • Azuregos

Patch 1.4.0

  • PvP Honor System introduced
  • Epic Priest quest introduced, epic Hunter quest introduced

Patch 1.5.0

  • Alterac Valley and Warsong Gulch bgs added

Patch 1.6.0

  • Blackwing Lair introduced
  • Darkmoon Faire introduced

Patch 1.7.0

  • Zul'Gurub raid and Arathi Basin bgs added
  • Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza

Patch 1.8.0

  • Silithus - Totally revamped zone for level 60 solo players and 5-man parties.

Patch 1.9.0

  • The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj introduced
  • New Tier 2 Epic Armor Models and graphics
  • Linked Auction Houses

Patch 1.10

  • Weather effects
  • Tier 0.5 armor sets

Patch 1.11

  • Naxxramas introduced

Patch 1.12

  • Cross-realm bgs
  • Major Mount changes

Source: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patches/1.x

User avatar
EU Blade's Edge
15
brank
Alliance
7 months ago
  •  Unread

TheZhevra wrote:
7 months ago
<snip>
Man it would suck if it released with none of the bgs

User avatar
EU Boulderfist
30
brank
Alliance
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Nice one @TheZhevra

TheZhevra wrote:
7 months ago
Patch 1.4.0

PvP Honor System introduced
Epic Priest quest introduced, epic Hunter quest introduced
This must have been an awesome patch. Anathema and honor in one go

User avatar
US Staghelm
24
brank
Alliance
7 months ago
  •  Unread

What were the major mount changes mentioned in the very past patch?

Guest
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Markone wrote:
7 months ago
What were the major mount changes mentioned in the very past patch?
WoWWiki wrote:Explanation of the Changes Edit
Source: [1] link currently broken by search feature bug in official forums

This change was implemented after the latest revision of the patch notes was made available for inclusion into the 1.12.1 patch binary. It will be documented in a future revision however.

There will be effectively two riding skill levels, Apprentice and Journeyman. The cost for the riding skill will be significantly higher than it previously was, however this is offset by a drastically lower cost for the actual mount.

For current players with mounts there will be a seamless transition to the new system. You will continue to have your mount; you will continue to be able to use it, etc. What this change does for players who don't yet have a mount or an epic mount is take the emphasis off of the mount itself, and put it on the riding skill. This helps give players access to more variety without requiring a large monetary investment if they, for instance, just want to pick a different colored horse.

7 months ago
  •  Unread

So tldr riding training went up in price and mounts themselves were reduced in price.

User avatar
US Hyjal
16
brank
Horde
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Some great replies everyone thanks for the feedback. Especially zhevra with the list of major patch highlights.

Guess there's no way to tell until they reveal their business model?

7 months ago
  •  Unread

Quillboar wrote:
7 months ago
Some great replies everyone thanks for the feedback. Especially zhevra with the list of major patch highlights.

Guess there's no way to tell until they reveal their business model?
You're welcome :)

Why until they reveal their business model?

User avatar
US Hyjal
16
brank
Horde
7 months ago
  •  Unread

TheZhevra wrote:
7 months ago
Quillboar wrote:
7 months ago
Some great replies everyone thanks for the feedback. Especially zhevra with the list of major patch highlights.

Guess there's no way to tell until they reveal their business model?
You're welcome :)

Why until they reveal their business model?
To maybe rephrase what @forthehorde said, I think that if they release all the content in one go, they will have blown the potential to keep players on the servers by not having any new content to release over a longer period of time.

User avatar
EU Boulderfist
30
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

imo they will launch with the last patch, 1.12, and eventually weed out bugs. or they could release at 1.0 and simulate patching at a similar rhythm to the original timeline? so that content like AQ gets added at a later date just like it was originally?

User avatar
EU Dunemaul
25
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

forthehorde wrote:
7 months ago
Who knows maybe they'll get to the end of vanilla and then release a TBC xpac? that would be dope
Releasing other expansions would be great as long as they don't remove the other expansions once they release a new one. What I mean is that if they release TBC, at least one Classic server should be left or users would start complaining again. One of my biggest concerns is what would happen once the Vanilla servers stop getting patches or opening all the Vanilla dungeons. The servers wouldn't have any more content so people would end up getting bored.

Image
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Flerex wrote:
6 months ago
forthehorde wrote:
7 months ago
Who knows maybe they'll get to the end of vanilla and then release a TBC xpac? that would be dope
Releasing other expansions would be great as long as they don't remove the other expansions once they release a new one. What I mean is that if they release TBC, at least one Classic server should be left or users would start complaining again. One of my biggest concerns is what would happen once the Vanilla servers stop getting patches or opening all the Vanilla dungeons. The servers wouldn't have any more content so people would end up getting bored.
I think he means like extra servers on top kind of like private wotlk and tbc servers that are definitely out there. But yea I sympathise with your concerns here - it would be a tragedy if some smartass in blizz thought up something like that 😂

6 months ago
  •  Unread

Tol0th wrote:
7 months ago
TheZhevra wrote:
7 months ago
<snip>
Man it would suck if it released with none of the bgs
Not for World PvP. If there are no BG's and no dishonorable kills the world is going to turn into a giant BG.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

I think the safest way to do that would be goin with 1.1 to 1.12.1 but with fixes to the game-breaking bugs + weather effects at the start :mrgreen:

Although there are some suggestions of starting with patch 1.1 but with talent and class changes that were made up to 1.12.1 which might make the game more enjoyable for the classes that were kind of useless from the very start such as druids. Imagine bear form with armor bonuses cut in third of the bonus they have at patch 1.12.1 (bears were basically useless even in 5 men dungeons) or not being able to remove slowing/root effects from you when switching forms, while in form not being able to resist polymorph. On the other hand, this alteration might make it lose it's nostalgia feel as it would't be the same game anymore (at least for those who did play the game back in the day).

Interesting look at this topic made by TipsOut:

They claimed I didn't but I did...
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
78
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

1.1 to 1.12, no changes.
This is the only way to have a pure vanilla experience.
Critical bugs/exploits fixed on launch ofc.

If they start on 1.12 they would have to tune all mobs and boss's, because talents/spells are way more powerfull in 1.12 than 1.1.

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Image  Check out my Thread Style Pack, and make your threads more stylish!
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Yea I agree. I really don't like the idea of tuning mobs/boss mechanics in order to adjust the difficulty. That would ruin the experience.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
5 months ago
  •  Unread

I'm hoping they go with 1.12.1 personally. From experience it seems to be the most reliable and the most fun.

Light's Hope • Lightbringer • Awaiting Classic WoW

Image
Similar topics
to 'What patch will they launch with?'
Posts ViewsLast post