US Garona
brank
Alliance
1 week ago  •  Unread 

No doubt I will be making my dosh in classic like I always used to: honest to god farming of profession mats and selling straight onto AH.

I remember using the lumber camp north of WSG entrance im Ashenvale for linen and wool cloth, and then the Swamp of Sorrows tauren camp for silk and mageweave. Aside from this Arathi seemed ok for elemental air (from the dust elementals).

Do you guys remember any good spots for mat farming? And perhaps more interestingly are there any areas that used to be good for farming something in Classic that are now not so much in retail?

Valkoor
1 week ago  •  Unread 

I used to run my L60 rogue through Razorfen Krall to farm Radiant Shards for the "fiery" enchant. I had a path laid out that was fast and I would exhaust the 5 dungeon resets per hour limit. I was able to exploit a little flaw in a wall to climb up to Amnennar the Coldbringer without going all the way around the spiral. its laughable now, but I would get about 4g per shard which was big money back then.

1 week ago  •  Unread 

Well for thorium it was definitively Ongoru crater and mithril in blasted lands.. didn't really farm any other profession mats.

I know it's not vanilla but I remember soloing Stratholme in WoTLK as a pally and making about 300g a run.

EU Blade's Edge
brank
Alliance
1 week ago  •  Unread 

Valkoor wrote:
1 week ago
I used to run my L60 rogue through Razorfen Krall to farm Radiant Shards for the "fiery" enchant. I had a path laid out that was fast and I would exhaust the 5 dungeon resets per hour limit. I was able to exploit a little flaw in a wall to climb up to Amnennar the Coldbringer without going all the way around the spiral. its laughable now, but I would get about 4g per shard which was big money back then.
Do you think they will leave in the old wall walking and terrain clipping stuff or will that have been obliterated in the new client they’re using?

Farming Hydraxian rep and the mats for Sulfuras was my best memories of Vanilla days ontopic ;)