1 month ago  •  Unread 

Faendor wrote:
1 month ago
Don't let anyone tell you what to roll. Even Retri Pally's are somewhat viable in raids if you are willing to go an additional mile to master it. Check out Esfand's channel, he can explain you how you can actually be true ret pala god. And what you said about the retri pala tank is damn true, they soak a lot of dmg, and they can afford to do so. I've seen even hybrid holy/prot spec which allows you to heal raids and still being able to tank 5-men dungeons such as Stratholme/Scholo or even some cluster packs in raids due to your awsome aoe tanking potential.
Oh believe me, I will roll what I want to roll. The fact remains that it will be a time investment, so I am wondering what I shall focus on.

The way Paladin auras worked back then is a favourite of mine, as well as how seals were handled. Plus, I have always been interested in support in one way or another. That is why Shaman and Paladin have been bigger interests. The whole faction lock just makes it even more interesting to me.

1 month ago  •  Unread 

Firelord wrote:
1 month ago

Oh believe me, I will roll what I want to roll. The fact remains that it will be a time investment, so I am wondering what I shall focus on.

The way Paladin auras worked back then is a favourite of mine, as well as how seals were handled. Plus, I have always been interested in support in one way or another. That is why Shaman and Paladin have been bigger interests. The whole faction lock just makes it even more interesting to me.
I personally am also into the support role of hybrid classes. I'd like to give paladin a try but the thing I'm a bit worried about is the simple spell rotations and possibility of boredom.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
1 month ago  •  Unread 

Faendor wrote:
1 month ago
I personally am also into the support role of hybrid classes. I'd like to give paladin a try but the thing I'm a bit worried about is the simple spell rotations and possibility of boredom.
This is rather common in Classic, which is again something I do not mind.

Rotations are simple. Warlocks literally had Shadow Bolt spam only for a while, that would be their best DPS rotation.

Nothing other than Frost Mage was allowed on Ragnaros, and all they had was a Frost Bolt rotation.

So the rotation for a lot of classes weren't more than a button press at times.

Though I know that Paladin in general was a lot of auto-attack downtime when levelling, though the most famous levelling spec was enough talent points into Holy for Consecration, and then just level by pulling 3 mobs at once, perhaps 4. A Paladin could handle it, and then just auto-attack.

Jebać Disa Kurwe
1 month ago  •  Unread 

Rogue because I wanna oneshot everyone.

1 month ago  •  Unread 

Jebać Disa Kurwe wrote:
1 month ago
Rogue because I wanna oneshot everyone.
That will prove to be difficult! Rogues can one-shot, yes, on newly dinged level 60's if you are 60 as well with high-end gear. But so can every other class do too.

US Mannoroth
brank
1 month ago  •  Unread 

I must recreate my shaman. The worst part of vanilla wow was being broke for me. I needed resto to raid, windfury was fun pre atk power nerfs, but around naxx time, I had really honed in a great hybrid pvp talent tree. I would out duel people who were out gearing me by a long shot. My build was effective and I really thought my Troll racial ability Berserking had alot to do with how effective I was with it.

I can't recall all the exact talents I know I was like 25 elemental, 5 enhance, and 21 resto or something silly. However with a shield and dagger in hand with frostbrand weapon. I would outlast, outsmart, and surprise you with burst damage to get the wins.

It was effective in world pvp too but hard when facing multiple opponents due to lack of hard cc

1 month ago  •  Unread 

Female human warrior most likely. I've done 1-60 a few times now and just found warrior to be the most fun in raids/dungeons both as a tank and a dps. In the event I level up a healer I'll be making a druid to do something new. I ran holy priest on the original nost server and pally just isn't a class I enjoy.

1 month ago  •  Unread 

My main will be a Dwarf Holy Priest, but not solely for the racial ability. I just love Dwarves, so Fear Ward is a bonus to me. Anyway, I usually play healer classes in games, and Priests have a lot of abilities I enjoy. I also like being able to support players around me, even if I'm not in group. For instance - it's fun finding people low on health while questing, and doing a drive-by healing. It feels good to be a part of bringing the community together.

In retail I was a Paladin, so it is tempting to roll one again... but I want to try something new.

I am also tempted to make a Troll Shaman alt because they look super fun to play!

Either human rogue or fury warrior. I've never been interested in tanking but I do love playing a physical damage dealer. I've done my share of being a caster in retail as well as back in the day and I'm pretty well over it. ( Also leveling a rogue is just sooo convenient on pvp servers )

For the Crusade!
1 month ago  •  Unread 

Cuppa wrote:
1 month ago
My main will be a Dwarf Holy Priest, but not solely for the racial ability. I just love Dwarves, so Fear Ward is a bonus to me. Anyway, I usually play healer classes in games, and Priests have a lot of abilities I enjoy. I also like being able to support players around me, even if I'm not in group. For instance - it's fun finding people low on health while questing, and doing a drive-by healing. It feels good to be a part of bringing the community together.

In retail I was a Paladin, so it is tempting to roll one again... but I want to try something new.

I am also tempted to make a Troll Shaman alt because they look super fun to play!
I root for you to make that Shaman, because the Horde rules all. And I totally do drive-by healing too on my Priest haha, also throw in some buffs :lol:

1 month ago  •  Unread 

I'm also gonna roll Dwarf Priest, love dwarves but also love fearward, stoneform, desperate prayer and the frost resistance against frost mages and for naxx is also pretty cool. :mrgreen:

1 month ago  •  Unread 

Brings to question if Blizzard is going for the faction lock on servers or not. If they do then that is going to be a permanent decision to stay with.

1 month ago  •  Unread 

Firelord wrote:
1 month ago
Brings to question if Blizzard is going for the faction lock on servers or not. If they do then that is going to be a permanent decision to stay with.
I think it is most likely to be faction locked. For me personally I don't care about this as I always stick to one faction at a time.

1 month ago  •  Unread 

Rootdancer wrote:
1 month ago
I root for you to make that Shaman, because the Horde rules all. And I totally do drive-by healing too on my Priest haha, also throw in some buffs :lol:
Yeah, I do love the Horde despite my current allegiance. >_>
I want to play with my brother though, and he is set on Alliance... but I will probably make a Horde character to play on the side anyway!

Whenever I start on fresh server I switch factions so when the fresh LH server comes in June, I'm gonna play Horde until Classic arrives where I'm gonna stick to the Alliance with my friends.