v1.0 • Wednesday 4th April 2018
- We're finally live. Thanks dreamhost!
- Pagespeed optimisation score now 86%
- Gzip compression enabled
- Browser caching leveraged
- Minified CSS and JS
- Render blocking reduced significantly
- Final UI sprite drawn up and in use
- Sitemap and robots.txt added
- ReCaptcha enabled
- Various Chrome bugs fixed
v1.0 - Friday 6th April 2018
- Added the 'Loot' page :) It's got a few handy downloads for Classic lovers and forum goers
- Added Level Rank images pack
- Added Warcraft 3 avatar pack
- Added Orc Smilies v3 icon pack
- Added WoW: Classic userbars for each class
- Responsive favicons for iOS, Android etc. implemented
v1.0.3 - Saturday 14th April 2018
- Massive avatar update! Over 4200+ new avatars subdivided into categories
- Added WoW icon pack to loot section
- Rescaled mobile user zoom to match desktop appearance
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
v.1.0.5 - Monday 16th April 2018
- Created the credits page - a place where I have credited everyone and everything that helped me build Barrens Chat, a requirement under my current Creative Commons license.
- Added Senky's extension 'User recent activity', you can now see each user's last ten posts on their profile page. Thanks Senky!
Development plans - Monday 30th April 2018
As I mentioned in the bug reports thread I'm currently working at sea so that's why there haven't been any major feature updates in the last week or so. I thought I'd post and let you know some new things that are coming soon and are in the pipeline :
- More profile customisation options ('characters' section, featured image, race, profession, etc.)
- Polls for topics that can be voted on
- Registered users online on index page footer
- More SEO optimisation
- Minor design changes suggested by our members
May I also say that we're nearly at twenty members! Some may laugh - but we are growing - and the discussion and quality of posting has been excellent so far. Keep it up guys I'm very happy with how things are progressing on this front
v1.1 - Tuesday 8th May 2018
PLEASE REFRESH YOUR BROWSER CACHE TO SEE THE CHANGES!
YOUR LEVEL WILL APPEAR AGAIN AFTER YOU POST
- Achievements system - you can now earn achievements by contributing to BC in one form or another.
- Created a ‘likes’ system - you can now like others’ posts and see your number of likes received on your profile page.
- Introducing the Guides section - where our top quality guides for PvE, PvP, Professions etc will be based.
- Implemented a hide/show spoiler bbcode tag
Click meShowYup this is a spoiler alright
- Also made a blizzard ‘blue post’ quote bbcode - more info
- Posts now say ‘unread’ in green in the top-right of the post if you haven’t seen them yet
- You can now upload your own banner image to your profile
- Added more info on levelling system
- Adventurers online: if you are logged in you will see who else is logged in on index, guides and loot
- Topic review area now starts with more height before user decides to expand it
- PM conversation history now visible when replying to a PM
- Improved seo optimisation
- Improved performance
- Resized topic icons so that loot/guides/normal topics align in any list of topics
Bugs fixed (hopefully):
- The delete icon on the confirm delete page has been fixed
- There is now no cut-off on the profile viewers section
- Profile backgrounds loading in ucp kind of fixed (it will still show the first image in the list until all have been loaded, but won't expand all over the page like before).
- Topic icons removed from subscriptions page (causing issues)
- Issues where level bar would get ‘stuck’ for a few posts (see known issues)
- Default avatar display issue in PM view has been fixed
Known issues in patch v1.1:
- Your levels should appear again after you post!
- If you ‘like’ posts before v1.1, the user that is notified may see a bug in their notifications list where the title of the post or topic is not displayed (just “”). nothing i can do about this.
That was a heck of a job lol. I'm absolutely knackered as I've had no rest in between my shifts up on the ship's bridge and coding! Hope you enjoy the changes. Any bugs you see (I'm sure there are loads) please report in the bug reports thread.
Your boy teeb