Warrior Fury
User avatar
EU Ashbringer
Posts: 40
Likes: 25
Human
Warrior
7 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Kind of a short one but does the Human +skill with swords make the other Whirlwind weapon https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6977/whirlwind-sword worth it compared to the axe?

"Einstein would turn over in his grave;
Not only does God play dice,
But the dice are loaded."

- Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Looking God In The Eye"
Thunder Bluff
User avatar
US Rattlegore
Posts: 20
Likes: 2
Tauren
Warrior
7 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I think the axe might always be the best bet! At least from what I've seen (:

   Midoo
Blasted Lands
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 204
Likes: 124
Human
Warlock
7 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Axe due to being slow, good for warriors

   Midoo
EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 154
Likes: 98
Orc
Warrior
7 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Most people pick the Axe because of two reasons:

It's slow so better for hamstring kiting and Axe Mastery gives Crit which has better synergy with the Arms talent's.

It's not for Mortal Strike, because it's very likely that you use a different weapon at lvl40+.

If you level as Fury or if you get it very early better go for the sword.

   Midoo
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1346
Likes: 2569
Orc
Warrior
7 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
7 months ago
Axe Mastery gives Crit
If you're referring to the Orc racial Axe Specialisation it doesn't give crit, it gives +5 to max skill with axes.

Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
Posts: 388
Likes: 135
Troll
Shaman
7 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

ShamelessEU wrote:
7 months ago
Axe due to being slow, good for warriors
Specifically, because of the axe's higher base damage. The two weapons have the same dps, thus the slower weapon has higher base damage, and base dmg is used to calculate damage from Mortal Strike, etc.

Gensei - Shaman
Temaius - Paladin
Bloodsail Buccaneers
Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 154
Likes: 98
Orc
Warrior
7 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
7 months ago
FTHforever wrote:
7 months ago
Axe Mastery gives Crit
If you're referring to the Orc racial Axe Specialisation it doesn't give crit, it gives +5 to max skill with axes.
Yeah, I might have gotten the names wrong, but I meant the talent's in arms which gives 5 crit with axes if 5/5.

   teebling
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1346
Likes: 2569
Orc
Warrior
7 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
7 months ago
teebling wrote:
7 months ago
FTHforever wrote:
7 months ago
Axe Mastery gives Crit
If you're referring to the Orc racial Axe Specialisation it doesn't give crit, it gives +5 to max skill with axes.
Yeah, I might have gotten the names wrong, but I meant the talent's in arms which gives 5 crit with axes if 5/5.
Worth taking that talent you think? I’m orc too so I guess it would super synergise if I pigeonholed myself into axes :smile:

Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 154
Likes: 98
Orc
Warrior
7 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
7 months ago
Worth taking that talent you think? I’m orc too so I guess it would super synergise if I pigeonholed myself into axes :smile:
Yes it's worth it! I checked wowheads database for 1h and 2h axes in phase 1 and 2 and there are plenty of solid picks.

   teebling
Similar topics
to 'Other Whirlwind Weapons'
Posts ViewsLast post